Winter Weather Tips
February 1, 2018
Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to 2018. We wanted to share some helpful tips to protect your auto & home from the wintry weather we’ve been experiencing lately.
While it is best to avoid traveling until the roads are cleared, here are some tips to keep you safe if you must go out:
- Use caution and drive slowly.
- Brake gently to avoid locking your brakes.
- Leave more space – for every 10mph, leave 3 car lengths between you and the next vehicle.
- Don’t pass snowplows since they have limited visibility and usually the road in front of them isn’t clear yet.
- If you start to skid, steer your wheels in the direction you want the vehicle to go.
- If you get stuck, turn your steering wheel side to side to push snow away from tires. Use a shovel to clear remaining snow away from wheels and the underside of your vehicle. Gently accelerate – avoid spinning tires!
Last month when the “bomb cyclone” occurred, a lot of people experienced frozen and burst pipes. Here are some things you can do to prevent freezing pipes in your home:
Even with preparation, things happen. If you need to file a claim, contact the office and we can assist you.
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, we thought it was the perfect time to talk about insuring your love.
Did you know 7 in 10 households are dependent on two incomes?
The loss of one income can be devastating to the loved ones you leave behind. The good news is life insurance is very affordable for the majority of people. Instead of buying flowers and candy this year, give the gift of financial security to your loved ones. Call us today to get a quote!